Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bug Round Up

Hello,

I am wearing green, but that is not the reason that I do an almost daily bug round up. After reading in the paper about the benefit, harmlessness, and need for the outdoors of the Asian Beetles, I have been helping even more of them out the window. Sometimes I do this task alone and sometimes Leroy helps me spot them and transport them to the window. These bugs are the same color as some of the knots in the hardwood floor giving them perfect camouflage. When they move I move into action with my paper that I place in their path. About half walk onto the paper so I can move them to the open window. If it is not so cold it is easier just to leave the window open. Otherwise I have to park the paper or struggle with one hand to open the window. In the meantime the bug is not being docile, but often starts to move to the edge of the paper for escape purposes.

On a warm sunny day I probably liberate 20 or more bugs. Leroy has been amazed when he has helped. Often I have five on my paper at a time. I especially like it when some of them are knocked onto their backs as that slows them down. They are able to turn over, but it means they open their wings and tip.

Today I found a little knit top on clearance. It seemed like a good deal until I got it home and found that it was sleepwear. Do you think if I wear it out in public anyone will think I am wearing my pj’s? Is it still ok to wear lounge wear in public? I just can not keep up with fashion. It is just easier to stay in my own little sphere of existence and do my own thing.

Paula

No comments: