Monday, March 14, 2011

Washing Cars

Hello,

If you know Leroy very well you would know that washing the car is low on his list of priorities even though it is much higher on mine. We both agree not to wash the car much in the winter because we have had locks freeze and that is a pain in the lock. I suppose with keyless entry it might not be a problem, but we still are stuck in old thought.

It finally seemed warm enough Friday to wash the cars. We were going to take them to a car wash place, but did not get that done so I just thought I could wash it in the drive. Leroy helped drag out all the stuff, but I agreed that he should get on his bike and ride since it was nice enough. Washing a car by myself is not my idea of a fun time. I missed Leroy. He really does a lot of the work and I must spend more time than I realized contemplating some small spec of dirt. I did get it totally washed and at least half dried before he came home. Yeah! He helped me finish and then he even vacuumed out the inside while I worked on the windows.

“Would you help wash your car?” I wanted to know. It was getting late and when the sun goes down I knew the warmth would disappear.

“Yes, if we hurry,” he said. We got it washed, but skipped the vacuum since that could be done even if it were colder.

We drove a distance on Saturday and I loved looking out the clean windows. Also it was terrific to see the clean hood out front as well as the spotless inside. Maybe I am just a clean nut. The results keep me going back again and again, but not too often as we think we have not cleaned the cars since moving here in September. No one could accuse us of over doing it.

Paula

No comments: