Monday, March 7, 2011

walking

Hello,

I am again inviting the congregation to join me in walking for Lent. Since this is a new congregation for me, I was pleased at the response. So far twenty people are joining me. We walk independently but record on a sheet to show that we have walked our two miles per day to equal 80 miles by the end of Lent. Several people told me that they are so glad I am doing this. Some of them are using this as the push to get them on the trail again. But as might be expected several already walk two miles or more per day.

I rode the bicycle through the park today to check my distance. It is just .04 short of two miles for the route we usually take. That means Leroy and I have slowed down considerably as this takes us a bit more than half an hour.

I was complaining in my head at riding the bike in 38 degree temp when I saw several very large birds floating in the air. Then I noticed several sitting in a tree. In all, I counted twenty in the tree or the air. I think it is the turkey vultures. That means spring has come as I read last year they do not come back until the carrion is thawed as they can not smell frozen meat. Apparently they are a more accurate gauge than those robins that might go and might stay. Amazingly it did not seem so cold after that.

I have finally put up some pictures of Logan and his family. You can see them if you contact me.

We think he is a nice addition to all of these girls. But then we like them all so perhaps we aren’t the best judge. We came back late Saturday so Leroy could do his church duties. I decided to come home because they seemed to be handling everything ok and it is more difficult for me to take the bus home to this location.

Paula

No comments: