Thursday, March 24, 2011

What I want in Life

Hello,

What I really want in life is a nice orderly life that never has moments of panic about getting it all done. Is that life around anywhere? I thought I had made it when I had so little to do that I wondered how to fill the next minute with anything meaningful.

Now I am wondering when I will again have time to read without feeling guilty about taking the time.

I have booked a ticket to go see Miriam in Salt Lake. I will be leaving next Tuesday and coming back in a week and a day. Now I am a little nervous about driving to the Moline airport by myself. I know, I know it will be ok. I have been there, but it is easier with two, one who drives and one who back seat drives or navigates. I will allow more than enough time so it will work. It is an hour and a half from here. Leroy could drive me on the outgoing trip, but can not pick me up for the home trip so I will just drive and park the car. It is sometimes hard to act like a big girl who knows how to do it all.

Then I have to report that we had another great book discussion meeting last night. One of the high school girls even joined us as we were meeting during the Lenten Soup supper. She had read numerous times the book, A Wrinkle in Time. It was wonderful to have her. She recommended that we read the entire series as she has.

Someone had printed up a list of the book sets in the Burlington library collection. I decided to scan and email that to everyone. I do not scan very often so that process was fraught with wrong turns and backtracking. First I scanned and then could not find the scans on the computer. Then I approached it from another direction, but the page was lopped off. Then I got the margin big enough only to realize that I needed to flip the page. I physically flipped the page but it then cut of another piece of the page. So I returned to the original orientation in our printer/scanner and proceeded to flip all the pages on the computer. Why didn’t I do that in the first place since that is so easy? Then it was on to sending it to everyone. Because I sent it to myself I realized that one person was not in my group. I do not often change things in the groups and tackled that with an old memory of a method that is no longer used. Sigh! It only took about ten minutes to ferret out the new method. After that I had to go up and grouse to Leroy who had just come home.

Now I know what I want in life. Challenges, but not too much! Surely a brain can be too healthy.

Paula

No comments: