Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Choir Dress

Hello,

Nothing is standard. I had my choir dress from ten years ago. I, with the help of Leroy even found it. Unfortunately it looks nothing like the choir dress here. Before I tried out for this group someone had suggested that the price might be around $40. That did not sound too bad for a one time wear outfit. The person who told me that inherited a dress rather than purchased one. In the catalogue I learned that the dress indeed cost $40, but the required jacket cost $60. One hundred dollars seemed like more than I wanted to spend for a one time wear. Maybe I could just continue to practice and than not show for the performance? I do enjoy the practice the most.

Well some of the women in the group also thought that $100 was a bit much for no longevity. They started thinking of small people who were not in the group at the moment, but might lend me their dress. Two were rejected as being too short. Then they thought of someone whose husband is currently singing in the group. They asked him to check about the possibility. At the last practice he told me that it is ok for me to borrow the dress, but they have to find it first. They have looked everywhere. They know they have it, but… Maybe it is at the cleaners. They will keep looking. They even have two dresses a size 16 and I size 10. “You need the size ten, right?” he asked.

“Yes, that would be right,” I answered, wondering if this is the new or old size ten. If new it might be a bit low cut in the neck and big.

“That is the one we can not find,” he said.

I will just trust that it will come to light before the concert. I believe that now it is too late to order one as the concert is in about two weeks. Would my dress work if I stood in the back behind a large person?

Paula

No comments: