Sunday, July 2, 2023

Greeting at church

Hello, I greet at church which means that I stand at one of the doors and welcome people by saying something to them and opening the door. It has been a way to see more of the people. The church is fairly large and I do not know the names, but now I recognize so many more faces. It is a bit bothersome when people know my name, but I do not remember or know theirs. This morning I stood/paced at a less popular door. That gives still a look at new people as many choose the same door week after week. I know that we do that. Even though three greeters are not required Leroy then often is at the third door unless he is an usher for that day. He wore the shirt that a member of our congregation gave him. She is from Liberia. This shirt has some very nice embroidery on it. He said many people commented on the shirt. It looks quite fine on him. We find it good to be involved in the church so we get to know more people. It is not easy for me to talk to new people, but when at the door it is easy, perhaps because it is required. We also had book club this morning so I talked to a number of people there about the book. We read the Alice Network by Quinn. Interesting how some liked it and some not so much. It is historical faction about a female spy network in WWI. I usually like historical fiction, so I liked. Paula

No comments: