Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Weird Happenings

Hello,

 

The other morning when Leroy and I went for our early morning walk, we noticed an old baseball style hat on the recycle paper pile on the back enclosed porch. Then I noticed that the small refrigerator out there had been pulled away from the wall at an angle. That seemed a bit unusual but it has leaked in the past and I thought that might have been the case. Our downstairs friends go to bed quite a bit later than we do so who knows what goes on after we are asleep. Later in the morning, I was with one of those friends and she asked me, “Is this Leroy’s hat?”

 

“No, isn’t it Clark’s?” I wondered.

 

“It most certainly is not.” and a further question was, “Did you pull the refrigerator away from the wall?”

 

With that no answer, it was time to see what might be missing. We also learned that something that had been on the refrigerator was moved to the bench. Neither of us could determine that anything was gone, but I think we all felt a bit eerie, with thoughts of who could come into the porch and do such weird things?

 

I reported going to the bathroom at 2:00 am and noticing that the motion detecting deck light went off and on several time. When I looked out the window I thought something might be back by the garage, but without my glasses it is difficult to say. We all know that animals come up to drink and set that light off frequently. Next time if such a thing happens, I will have to go get my glasses.

 

We are locking the porch doors at night and making sure the house doors are locked. We had always locked house doors, but now it has a little more seriousness to it. It is so strange to have things moved around like that, but nothing missing.

 

Paula

No comments: