Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Cool Temperatures

Hello,

 

We know we are getting used to warm when an 80 degree day is pronounced perfect! I certainly felt like getting some watering and hanging out clothes chores done. If it never went over 90 again it was be fine with all of us.

 

Today I steamed some kohlrabi leaves to eat along with some beans and barley. I topped it all with salsa. Leroy was not home to give his opinion, but I thought it was just fine.

 

How many things do Americans throw away that could be eaten and provide good nutrition? This year we got all of the cabbage family plants in the garden in good time for them to produce well. Too often they have had to contend with heat. They do now, but they seem to be big enough to deal with it.

 

Most nights we have opened the windows and I am grateful for the cool evenings. Sometimes that does not happen. It certainly makes the next day more bearable.

 

I am also grateful for air conditioning, but I wish we did not have to use it, as I believe it is not good for the earth. When I have lived without it, I think we adjusted or became accustomed to the heat. At least I can remember people complaining about the heat and I would wonder why? To me that day was fine.

 

Paula

No comments: