Monday, July 19, 2021

Small bird

Hello,

 

Leroy and I did not see the small bird yesterday, but this morning I saw a small bird upside down with flies crawling on it. I mourned it a little; however realize that is how life works in the wild.

 

Leroy and I took an early morning bike ride. Not sure when we left, but it was before 6:00 am. It was cool and refreshing. We went about ten miles. Saw bikers, dog walkers, and runners. We are not the only early risers. If I can get myself organized, I will try to ride to work on Saturday. I do not start work until 9:00 so it gives me enough time to ride the 11-12 miles. I hope the trail is open all the way. They had been doing work on a part of it. If it is raining or will be too hot, I will drive.

 

I got some more lettuce from our garden. Both Leroy and I think it is good enough to eat in salads. I realize that because we have so little sugar in our diet, we might be more tolerant of bitter than many are. I also cut some arugula leaves on a stem that was flowering; again I think it tastes just fine.

 

I also checked on the status of books in the little free library. Right now the fastest moving books are for young readers. Picture books are taken, but not so quickly. The same is true of adult books. Must say something about the age of people who pass by.

 

 

Paula

No comments: