Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wow what sleep

Hello,

 

I only woke once last night. In the morning, Leroy got up without waking me and even had a shower before I woke. What a wonderful feeling to get so much sleep and this was without the new bed. Low fluid intake the day before helped that along. Sigh, it is so hard to get everything in sync as more fluid is necessary, but?

 

With that amount of sleep the day was easier to tackle with grace and verve. I even made four phone calls which require strength for me to get the job done.

 

Yesterday at work someone brought in a “enormous” broccoli head. Without asking if I wanted it they parked it in my hands and announced, “It is from my garden. It might have some worms on it.” They walked away and left me holding the bag.

 

In the refrigerator, we already have a large broccoli head from the community garden. Today I soaked this giant head in vinegar water, with the pleasant result of no worms showing themselves. After that I lightly cooked it and froze it. We are blessed with so much garden bounty. Now I wonder, “Why did I buy that last package of frozen vegetables. Our freezer is getting quite full.”

 

Looking for a good sleep again tonight.

 

Paula

No comments: