Sunday, July 25, 2021

Mouse in the house, again?

Hello,

 

Yesterday after I got home from work I went to the “office” to work at the table in there. Something smelled funny or maybe rotten. I checked my violet because I had not paid much attention to it in recent days. One violet leave was dead, but surely that would not smell. I removed it anyway, left the room to dispose of it before coming back and noticing the smell again. After some more nose leading search, I looked in the corner where I had left a mouse trap from the last invasion. Oh, no it was turned over. Because that corner is a bit dark I got a flashlight, shined the light so I could gingerly extract the string from the weight holding it in place, took the end and carried the cargo outside where I left it in the back yard close to the gate, but off the traffic pattern.

 

I checked to see if I could see any other mice even though there were no other traps set. No visible visitors, but those mice have great hiding skills honed to a high degree. The next thing was to open the window to get the smell out. This was done even though it was over 80 degrees F. outside. I had placed a second sprung trap on the attic steps. It still had peanut butter on it from the last time it was used. No mice had visited it so it put it out of sight. At least I figure the mice are not coming from the attic.

 

When Leroy came around, I wailed and moaned about the mouse in the house. They certainly are not my favorite guest. What I really can not figure out is why we have them come here and our downstairs friends have never had them visit. Do they just like us better? We would be happy to take second place.

 

Paula

No comments: