Saturday, July 10, 2021

Garden Joy

Hello,

 

We went out to walk early this morning only to find a mist in the air. The walk was postponed. After breakfast, I did some yoga. Leroy must have gotten tired watching me because he went and took a nap. Finding him asleep, I decided to pick up trash around our block since I have not done that for some time. I use the plastic bags from the grocery store that I get from others who do not need all they get. I bring my own bags to the stores so I do not have any of my own. Anyway, one bag was quite full after passing the alley in back of our house. It was heavy too so I turned in, put that in the city trash collection bag, took another bag and went back out. In a bit Leroy came, I had written a note so he would know where I was and not worry. He then went home and got a bag too. We proceeded to fill two bags on the rest of the block. I thought it would not be so much since once mowing starts, people pick up a lot more. We also pick up what is in the gutter so that might explain that.

 

When done with that Leroy said, “I am going to the community garden. There might be some tomatoes.”

 

I thought that was a little crazy, it was, but there were plenty of other things. We picked one cabbage that was badly split, a beautiful large head of broccoli, one nice sized zucchini, a radish, some celery, and a bit of Red Russian Kale. What a feast we will have with all of this bounty.

 

I posted on social media hoping that others will go there and enjoy the possibilities.

 

Paula

No comments: