Sunday, February 28, 2021

Walking

Hello,

 

Leroy and I took our usual short early morning walk. It is expected by both of us that we would walk once more in the day. Some friends called asking if we would like to walk around Cedar Lake with them this afternoon. We accepted. We walked down to the Lake and met them there. I learned after we got home that the walk to the lake is .9 mile. I do not know how far it is around the lake, but we did the circuit twice. By the time Leroy and I got home we could admit to being quite tired. My device showed over 14,000 steps for the day while Leroy’s showed over 13,000 steps. That feels like an accomplishment. We are both rather tired, but elated. We had to drink tea and eat crackers and cheese to recover.

 

Unfortunately tomorrow will be a much less stepped day for me because I work. On those days it can be a struggle to get much over 5,000 steps because I spend too much time at a desk. Leroy, who will be home, will get the 10,000 most likely.

 

It was quite windy this afternoon, but we had the wind at our back coming home and that was nice to have it help us in that direction. I had thought I would be done wearing long underwear for the year, but it was on and I was grateful even if it made my jeans a little tight.

 

How can tomorrow be the first day of March?

 

Paula

No comments: