Saturday, February 20, 2021

Picking up Leroy Vaccine part B

Hello,

 

Confidence rode in the car with me. It should be so easy. At the store, it seemed prudent to text Leroy from the parking lot to let him know that I was there. He sent me a text which said, “I just had my shot.”

 

Because it was about 15 degrees, I texted back, I am coming in. I gathered mask, etc. and went to the store to find him. His text had not come to me at the right time. Once I was inside he called me to say that he was outside and where.  Alas, if only I had known he was already waiting for me, I would have just driven up and picked him up. Finding him was easy and we headed off to the car. At the car no car keys were in my pockets. Even my small purse backpack did not have any. After emptying it all out it still yielded no keys. We could not see them in the car because it was quite dark by this time. Leroy got the brilliant idea to use his phone flash light feature. He could not get his to work. I managed and shone the beam in the car. There were the keys where I had laid them down to text Leroy.

 

Because it was so cold we went back in the store and called our downstairs rescuer. He said he would come. So I gave him details about where we were and where our car keys are at home. Great to have trustworthy people who can get into the apartment and gather our keys! As it turned out he was over on the other side of town in a home store, but he assured us he would be going home soon and coming on with the car key. In the meantime his wife went up, sent us a picture of the car key which was for Leroy’s car, before sending the picture of the required key. It was a relief to see that picture. Leroy had been going to take his key with him, but decided at the last minute it was unnecessary. After a bit of a wait we were on our way home. We are blessed to have such good downstairs friends who can rescue us.

Glad that we ate before all this, because it did get a bit late. Even though this is across town from our house, it is a smaller city so only takes about fifteen minutes to get across depending on traffic.

 

Paula

 

No comments: