Saturday, February 27, 2021

Outdoors

Hello,

 

It was up to 45 degrees F. So Leroy and I took a good long walk. We even drove a ways across town to get a different view. We consider ourselves fortunate to live in a city that has almost 65 miles of bike/hiking trails. It is so nice to see so many people out. There were quite a lot of walkers and just a few bikes. The trail is paved and cleared of snow. There was some water running across the trail and in spots quite a large puddle. If needed, we just waited for others to cross on the narrow dry spot first. I have my 10,000 steps now. Leroy is a bit disgusted because we walk the same distance and he has fewer steps recorded. Maybe I take more steps or maybe my device just logs more steps than his does. Close, but not equal.

 

Leroy has his personal librarian. As I was leaving for work yesterday he said, “Get me some books. This is my last one.”

 

Life is just not satisfying without a book in hand for either of us. Course that can be overdone. I had three nonfiction books going at once on the subject of spirituality. I decided I am not going to finish them all so I did take one back. It takes me a long time to read a nonfiction book because it seems to require stopping and thinking about the issues it is presenting. That is a luxury in my privileged life to be able to read and consider different ideas. Also, what a privilege it is to just get books from the library. If I do not like them it is no big deal to return them. I am gifted with my luxuries.

 

Paula

No comments: