Thursday, February 11, 2021

Leroy’s Glasses

Hello,

 

Leroy and I were getting ready to take a walk after we both got home from work. Leroy could not find his glasses. I helped look. With my glasses on I can see quite well, but I was unable to find them. He said, “What if I left them on my desk at work?”

 

“You drove home,” I said, “You really can see quite well, besides I think you were wearing glasses when I saw you.”

 

We searched more unlikely places. Leroy figured he would have taken them off to put on his sweatshirt as prep for walking. I wondered, “Did he not have on his glasses and I just did not notice?”

 

He texted his boss to find out if he had left them on his desk. We did a more through hunt and Leroy found them. They had fallen into one of his slippers. He had laid them on the bed and they must have slipped off. I gave him an abbreviated talk about where to put his glasses when he takes them off.

 

My vision is quite a bit more challenged than Leroy’s. Consequently I try to be very careful about where I put my glasses since I am often unable to see them and have to feel around. Or if Leroy is home I ask him to look and usually he finds them quickly.

 

Paula

 

No comments: