Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Hello,

 

Before he left for work Leroy asked, “What exciting things do you have planned for today?”

 

I am not sure if he was being factious or what. He knew that I would be home all day. I had a nice day, but probably not considered exciting by very many people. It started off with tai chi through the Ely library. I open that meeting so I am always there. Now our instructor is at a warmer place in Mountain Time zone. I am happy that he and his wife, who also attends, are ok with getting up an hour early for this class. Then one of the participants is also in a warmer place, but in Eastern Time Zone. This pandemic has shown us that we can still meet even though in far places.

 

I was washing some dark clothes and because the washer makes so much noise, ball bearings are going, I moved to the computer room to finish my devotions. There the sun was coming in the window, highlighting the plant blossoms and showing the snow on the tree with small birds taking shelter. That was exciting and joyful. I basked in the sun.

 


I went out to try to get a little more of the ice and snow off the sidewalk before I took a walk the long way around two blocks. With the low temperature I did not want to go too far, but I did have my phone with me if I needed to call for help. I can say with authority that it is much nicer to walk with the wind at your back on sub zero days.

 

Later I went out again, getting some of the snow and ice off the alley by the garage. It was hard work but because my tracker is on my wrist, steps counted without much foot movement. Calories were burned so I figure it is ok.

 

I also made a batch of granola which I snacked from time to time as it cooled.

 

 

Paula

No comments: