Sunday, February 21, 2021

Masks

Hello,

 

On the way to the grocery store, I realized I had forgotten my mask, but it was not a problem as two extras are in the car so that was an easy fix.

 

At the gas station on the way home, I got out to pump gas only to find that it prompted: press enter to move to the next step. There was no “enter” to be seen. Usually it is buttons alongside the screen. All the buttons were white with nothing showing on the screen. My guess was incorrect. Looking for a number pad or another entry pad yielded nothing of value. The message changed, but not as I wanted. So after three more guesses and still no gas pumping, it was a trip into the store where it is possible to prepay at the register. After I was at the counter, I noted that the person who was helping me was wearing her mask below her nose. I thought, “Oh well, I have mine, Oh no I left it in the car because I had not planned to come inside.”

 

It seemed prudent to just stay and get the task done as quickly as possible. It did not take long. I prepaid $20. It seemed that would surely be more than adequate since it was just under half a tank left. Back at the pump that same screen was up. I waited a bit. Nothing happened so I checked the pump on the opposite side just in case it went there. Nothing! Back at my original pump the screen finally changed and started to clear than it informed that I could select level and start the gas. What a relief! I was quite surprised when the entire $20 was used. I had forgotten about what a difference the recent raise in gas prices makes to the total. At least the car registered full when started. The adage is to keep the tank above half in cold or snow. Since there had been a lot of both, I was trying to be prepared for any eventuality.

 

Paula

No comments: