Sunday, February 7, 2021

Leroy’s Cake

Hello,

 

Leroy is an adventuresome eater. Or I have just convinced him to try the new thing. I did make a cake for his birthday. When one set of grandchildren heard about that they were amazed that I had done that, but after hearing what went into the cake they were convinced it was true to my character and that they would not like it.

 

I showed them the picture which for some reason I shot as a video even thought the cake was not moving. It was baked in my butterfly pan which I got on clearance for 75 cents. I have used it many times on a whim. I too think the cake looks inviting even with no frosting. Frosting, you know, has sugar so I ignore that.

 

It was sort of ginger bread with no sugar, but still it had molasses in it so it was sweet. Even though molasses has trace minerals in it, giving it some food value, it is still too much sugar to eat very often. I served the cake with unsweetened applesauce. We both liked it, especially when it was warm out of the oven.

 

This cake had one fourth white flour and ¾ whole wheat which gave it a little more food value. Leroy likes raisins so I added some raisins. Then because I had it I added a can of pumpkin making it be more like pumpkin bread. Even though the pumpkin is unsweetened it is naturally sweet so I consider that it adds to the sweet taste. I failed to bake it as long as needed with all that pumpkin in there so it was ¾ cake and ¼ pumpkin pie. It is always an adventure eating at my house.

 

I could not get a copy of the cake video to send so I just am adding a picture of the cake pan.



 

Paula

No comments: