Saturday, February 6, 2021

Cold, cold, cold

Hello,

 

We are so grateful for a warm place to live, a car heater that works, warm clothes, and warm comforter for sleeping. So many good things in our lives! As an added bonus we get to see birds, tracks in the snow, squirrels making tracks, and snow on trees.

 

I did walk around the block and that was enough at that moment. Our temperature is 7 degrees F. We had done some more shoveling before that so Leroy did not walk with me. He got worried about me before I got back because it was more work to walk in the newly falling snow. We are blessed with more snow that we need.

 

Yesterday we both went to work. Leroy, who only drives in town, had the easy drive. My drive was a total of 12 miles pne way. It was not drifted or bumpy, but I was so happy to get there because the Ely road was, although cleared, totally covered with a pack of snow and ice. I had no idea if it was slippery or not. I like to gently put the brakes on to test the surface, but I never had the road to myself. I just drove quite slowly, hoping the people behind me were patient souls. They all stayed back there and I collected more from time to time. Every once in a while the car directly behind me would drop back so I suspected they felt comfortable going even slower. I thanked the car for doing such a good job when we got to the parking place. I am impressed that these materials can take such extreme cold as well as extreme heat.

 

One thing I am not as happy about. With age, I am happy to age, but I seem to be developing a belly. No more pride in my slim front. It is particularly noticeable with certain tops because they come close and show the world what is there. Oh well, so much better than many other things that could happen to me

 

Paula

No comments: