Sunday, February 14, 2021

Short Walks and Recipes

Hello,

 

With the continuing low temperatures combined with too much wind, Leroy and I only took a short walk in the morning and again in the afternoon. We checked the wind direction so we could face into the wind in the first part of the walk and have it at our backs on the return. We were both quite happy to get back in the house. Nothing like a cold outing to appreciate all the comforts of home!

 

We are making a lentil tomato dish and following or almost following a recipe. It specified four garlic cloves. Two of the cloves were large so we put a number of small cloves to make it more equal. There were no onions in the dish, but I like onions as does Leroy so we added half an onion. Then it suggested three cups of precooked, canned lentils. We did not have such in the house so we used two cups of non cooked lentils which we have now cooked ahead of time. The one item that is exactly what the recipe calls for is a 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes. We had that. Leroy is basically making this and I am assisting. It is so rare when I look at a recipe, I hardly know how to act and Leroy is learning from me to have a total disregard for the rules.

 

I never liked coloring in school because I did not like following the rules about neatness and staying in the lines.

 

Leroy and I both have Covid vaccines scheduled for the end of this week. I will be happy when that is done.

 

Would you believe our mail was delivered today? We even got a valentine on Sunday. We had not had a delivery for three days.

 

Paula

No comments: