Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Clean Car

Hello,

 

My car is clean! It has been a long time with much winter dirt and road treatments collected, sticking as it if in a new home. During the long stretch of sub zero weather; it did not seem like a good idea to apply water to anything outside. it was great to go today because there was a special price on the purchased wash. There was also money off on the next gas purchase. After Leroy got my text, he told me he would go there on his way home from work. Wow, two clean cars will be in the garage. It is no longer such a task to walk between them and try not to touch any dirty surface.

 

Still on the subject of cars and subzero weather, I asked Leroy, “Did you remember that you have heated seats in your car? It must have been nice on those really cold mornings.”

 

He had totally forgotten about it. His bottom warmed up in the usual slow rate. I had not thought about it either the time or two that I rode with him. Luxuries are wasted on us unless they happen automatically.

 

Yesterday Leroy went to the close grocery store to get some things, including popcorn. He said, “It was a bit expensive. But I think it was from Iowa.”

 

The package was distributed in Iowa, but was not the more local kind that is the usual purchase. I went to a different store and bought some that is a much smaller company and just up the road so to speak. I returned the other. It seems to me this popcorn is the best.

 

Paula

No comments: