Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Leroy Dragging

Hello,



That is the first time I have written that new date. Happy New Year to all.



Leroy and I are having a quiet day. It is a good thing because he is not feeling so well. Now it is mostly stomach discomfort rather than the head cold type of stuff. He did work yesterday. He came home feeling a bit tired, but otherwise fine. Before he went to bed his stomach was gurgling and carrying on. Apparently the night was not so restful. He has been lying around all morning.



I will be taking a long walk this afternoon since I have not moved around so much this morning. I did put away the advent wreath because two of the candles had burned to the end. That also led me to put away the Christmas card holder and organize myself for sending out cards next year. We leave the other decorations up until January 6, or Epiphany.



I also cleaned out our humidifier. I do not do that very often so it was a good task. Maybe our air will be cleaner.



Yesterday I finished the book, The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-year-old man, by Jonas Jonasson. I laughed out loud more than once. Now I am moving on to a more serious book, A Mind Unraveled: a memoir, by Kurt Eichenwald. It is well written so it has captured my attention almost from the beginning. Course I am still at the beginning really.



Leroy is watching a movie now. I tried to bring home those that he would like. He thought maybe he had seen one of them before, but he might watch it again. I took more DVDs than I am allowed to take, but I have that privilege of overriding the stop on it. When I no longer work at the library there are certain bonuses that we will miss, however then Leroy will take himself to the library so he can choose his own and that will be a plus. Like much of life there are pluses and minuses.



Paula

No comments: