Monday, January 13, 2020

Watches

Hello,



I am somewhat unaware of how Leroy thinks about watches. He has a pocket watch that he has had for many years. He suggested it as a Christmas present so I got it for him. He might use this watch once, twice, or not at all in the course of a year. Apparently he has some positive feelings for it because the battery died this fall and he was without question getting a replacement battery. It works fine lying on the dresser.



He also wanted a smart watch of some type. I believe this was mostly because he saw that many people had them. I got him one of those a year or two ago for Christmas. This watch is not a favorite because he would either forget to charge it, and it needed frequent charges, or he would forget that it was charging and leave home without it. Leroy did not like it because he had to push a button to see the time rather than just glancing down at it. He seldom wore it, but wore it more than the pocket watch.



 He had a regular watch that has been malfunctioning for some time. Just last week he finally declared it totally done. We had changed the battery on this one and it was quite a struggle. Not doing that again! So his birthday is coming up. I told him if he would like to pick out a watch, I would get that for his birthday. I think it is best if he makes the selection. He seems quite happy with his new watch. I believe it will be on his arm most days.



The other watches will be noticed from time to time, but worn little.



I have one watch which I am not currently using because the battery died. It is an odd battery size and I have not tracked it down. Also I wear my tracker on my wrist and I do not like the two items there. I suppose that means that someday I will update my tracker so it also shows the time.



Paula

No comments: