Saturday, January 11, 2020

Grateful

Hello,



I am grateful that I was not scheduled to work today. I would have considered going, but hopefully would have said it was not a good idea.



We have had ice followed by snow. Maybe not so much snow, but the ice is problematic. Leroy and I went out to shovel this morning. We could get off the snow, but not the ice. It was satisfying to at least remove the snow, but then there is the question is it safer to walk on the snow rather than the ice? I am not sure. My boots are fairly good at gripping.



This afternoon, I went back out hoping to chop up some of the ice, but it was not very successful so I just figured that it will be another day before that happens.



Leroy has been “working” on his stamps. He was pleased to have gone to the neighborhood post office and gotten quite a few more that he wanted. The man there told him he thought the main post office had the missing ones. Luckily he can stop there on his way to or from work.



We are grateful that we did not have to drive anywhere today.



Yesterday day we went grocery shopping. I was amazed at the number of shoppers. Friday mornings are usually slow times at the stores. Finally it occurred to me that people were trying to “beat” the storm. I said to the checker when leaving, “Are there so many people here because of the expected storm?”



She grinned and nodded. Then I commented, “Friday morning is my usual shopping time and I wondered why so many people are getting into my time.”



Then she laughed.

Paula

No comments: