Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Christmas Presents

Hello,



Monday sometime during the day, Leroy found my Christmas present. He did call me at work to let me know because he was so excited he could not contain his joy. Then he put it under my pillow so I found it when I was getting ready for bed.



He also found his stamps the same day. After tai chi, which Leroy now attends, he stopped at the post office to buy many of the stamps that he had not yet gotten for the year 2019. He did say something about all the money he spends on stamps. But as my present to him, I told him, “You do not need to be concerned. After so many years I am used to the idea. Besides there are many more things that I am glad you are not spending money on.”



He did take some duplicate stamps to a stamp club meeting. (The only stamp club still operating in Iowa.) Others also had brought stamps to share so he brought home some as well. Perhaps so I would not think he had too many stamps he told me that two of the members have a room that is full of collected stamps. Leroy basically just has a bookcase full of the albums. So he is perhaps on the slim side of stamp collecting.



The stamp club meeting was in a Presbyterian church. Leroy brought home two poinsettias for me because they invited people to take some, as they were to be thrown out in a day or two. I was pleased to get some as I had not bought one this year as I often rescue too many from our church. This year the rescue did not happen because we are remodeling the sanctuary. Not so many poinsettias were in the building after Christmas. I had been feeling a little regretful, but no more.



Paula

No comments: