Sunday, January 12, 2020

Winter Weather

Hello,



Yesterday we did not get out much as a result I did not have many steps by evening. Had it been a nice day I would have just taken a nice long walk outside. I still wanted to get my 10,000 steps so I started walking around our flat. I can report that it gets boring to go over the same territory many times; however I took breaks and that made it bearable. Reaching the goal gave a good feeling.



Today we walked to church. I wore my more reliable gripping snow boots. Much of the time I walked alongside the side walk in the snow. Leroy had on some gripper things that he puts over/under his boots, so he kept to the sidewalk and no ice slowed him down. It was a struggle to keep up. The snow/ice was not so deep, but it takes more effort to more through it.



This afternoon we went out and pounded on the ice which was firmly attached to the cement. Not much ice was ready to be knocked aside. We managed to make some tracks so we can, hopefully go up the slight incline in and out of the garage. I will say that all of that pounding added some steps because the counter on my arm had no idea that I was standing still.



Leroy has been reading because he does not think of many other things to do and because I brought home a number of books for him. I also read a book for my second book club that will meet Tuesday night if the weather is good. I read Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman. I liked it quite a bit. Now the trick is to find another good book to read. Oh, I just realized I should start on the February book for my other book club since we will be gone for a week. It takes me a while to finish a book even though I am sure that I have read this one some time ago.



Paula

No comments: