Friday, January 17, 2020

Snow, snow, snow

Hello,



Again the grocery store was busy as many people were trying to beat the storm. I suppose we were too, even though it was my usual grocery shopping time. Because we are going to be gone next week, we did not have to get so many things.



I am supposed to work tomorrow, but I am not sure that will happen.



Leroy and I went out to shovel after letting it go for three hours. The prediction is four to eight inches.  We agree that four is already on the ground. We will possibly have to shovel again. There is also the prediction that ice will follow the snow. We do not want to have bare sidewalks when the ice comes, but it is hard to know just when all of that will happen.



We do the sidewalks in a rather normal fashion by slinging the snow as far as we can so the piles close do not get so high that I cannot get snow over them. On the alley we use two buckets and a wheelbarrow to move snow to the back yard as there is no or little space to put any piles by the alley. I used the buckets and Leroy manned the wheelbarrow. Luckily the snow is nice and light because it is so cold. Sometimes I dumped my buckets in the wheelbarrow and just stayed in the alley gathering snow. I am not sure if the snow got heavier or we got weaker, but after a while it became harder to get the job done. I thought we would be outside only a half hour or so. Leroy announced when we came in, “That took us an hour and fifteen minutes.”



Even though tired, I have a sense of accomplishment. I am also grateful that when Leroy slipped on the ice which was hiding under the snow, he did not get hurt. Wednesday I went out to the alley in the warm melting spell and got most of the ice off the alley and into the backyard. That makes it so much nicer and easier to shovel the new fresh snow.



Paula

No comments: