Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Leroy Commenting

Hello,



This morning Leroy (He does read what I write.) said, “I tried to wear my pocket watch today and it would not work with this belt. I waited almost a year before I replaced the battery on the pocket watch. And you have necklaces that you almost never wear.”



There are some necklaces that I have not worn for years. Do I need to do some cleaning out?



I should mention that Leroy will be wearing his new, easily looked at wrist watch most days because he likes wearing a watch.



This afternoon I chopped ice off the alley by the garage. Last weekend, we had not gotten the snow off before several cars had driven over it, creating some ruts of ice. It was not as thick as some years, but enough that I did not want it to build up if we had another snow/ice storm. My arms know that they had a workout, but I tried to be careful and not injure myself. It looks satisfyingly clear.



I am perhaps a bit over cautious about this alley, but we both remember the year we did not clear the alley, but just out five feet in front of the garage. I got stuck in the ruts. When Leroy came out to push the car he ended up falling on the ice covered cement. We do not want that to happen again. I am willing to put in the time and effort chopping and hauling it away, if it helps us get in the garage with little drama.



Paula

No comments: