Sunday, January 19, 2020

Winter Weather

Hello,



Leroy and I walked to church today because the temperature was low, but so was the wind. We bundled up quite a bit. Both of us wore what I call wind breaker pants. That certainly makes our legs feel better. I all my wool socks were dirty, but luckily Leroy and I have about the same size foot so I could wear a pair of his. Boots were of course the footwear. We each wore scarves, down coats, and warm mittens. I wore a thing over my head that covers a lot of territory. Because it can go over my nose, I also wore a pair of ski goggles which are to keep my glasses from steaming up. Leroy has worn such several times. I noticed that I could not get a good breath because those goggles pressed down on my nose too firmly. I pushed them up several times, but then started breathing through my mouth. Gradually, the goggles steamed up severely restricting my vision. I finally stopped and grabbled with getting the goggles off. Unfortunately I had put them under too many layers. When I got them off it was great to able to see where my feet were landing as there was enough ice around that we tried to avoid.



Many people commented on how amazing it was that we walked. They did not know the full extent of amazing. True it was cold, but I have been out in much worse.



Leroy told me that his goggles were also too small and pressed on his nose or face too much. I guess we both have big heads.



The most tiring part off the trip was getting ready to go outside. Once outside it all seemed like not such a big deal.



Paula

No comments: