Sunday, December 29, 2019

Leroy Sick, Well

Hello,



Yesterday Leroy came home coughing and not feeling well. He mostly sat around for the evening and went to bed early. This morning he decided not to go to church. When I got home I learned that he had slept a nice amount. At that moment he was up reading a book but said, “I feel like sleeping some more.”



”Go ahead. It must be what you need.” I assured him.



He took another longish nap. We had lunch. After that he sounded like he felt much better. As soon as I got done washing the dishes we took a walk. He just went around the block while I carried on up the “mountain” to get my 10,000 steps. It is the highest point around here and Mount Mercy University is at the top of the hill, but I believe it is more properly called a hill than a mountain. I am trying to get a bit more hill work in as we mostly walk on the flat here.



Now Leroy tells me, “I feel much better, but not 100%.” Perhaps this was just some type of 24 hour bug.



We have one stalk of celery in our garden. After the first on slot of cold, it still survived, so we covered it with some leaves and a flower pot. The weather has been so nice. Today I thought about uncovering it. It looks quite green and fine. It does not seem to have grown much from the short that I cut it before covering it. Now I hope I do not forget to cover it again when the temperatures drop as they surely will before winter is over. I am pleased that it looks to healthy now.



Paula

No comments: