Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Prep

Hello,



Last night Leroy said, “I have to make a confession. I bought you a present, but I cannot remember where I hid it! I have looked and looked, but nothing. It is the only thing I bought for you to put under the tree.”



He again spent some time this morning, before heading to work, looking in the likely places that he has probably already looked in.



We, especially I, consider our impending trip to Guatape, Columbia to be a present. I want experiences rather than stuff since I seem to have plenty of stuff.



Leroy has nothing under the tree from me because it was all purchased with him “present”. Poor guy, but I do not feel so sorry for him. He will survive.



Leroy put out some luminaries last night while I was at work. I had been hoping to see them, but he had already put out the candles by the time a arrived. He was afraid fires would be started if they burned too low. He had put them on the dry, winter grass along the sidewalk. This was so no one would trip on them if using the sidewalk.



I think we used to put them on the sidewalk, but he insists that we always had snow and could put them in the snow which would have been great fire prevention. We will put them out after the church service tonight so I can see them for a short time. I remember them as being beautiful and somewhat ethereal.



Paula

No comments: