Friday, December 27, 2019

Small Town Library

Hello,



Yesterday, the UPS driver delivered a small package to me for the library. “Got any new movies?” he wanted to know.



“Not since you were here when we were last open,” I replied.



I see this guy frequently so we visit often. Usually he teases me on a cold day and says, “Did you ride your bike today?”



“But you might have delivered a movie, it feels like it.” I commented as my fingers moved around the package. “Do you want me to look?” I wondered.



“Yeah, that would be great,” he said as I started to cut and then tore into the package revealing a movie.



“I have never heard of that one,” he said. I agreed, but gave him the case to look at.



“I suppose I can’t take this now,” he questioned with a grin.



“No, but I can get it ready and put it on hold for you,” I said.



“That would be great, I will be back tomorrow,” he said as he went out the door with a wave.



I immediately processed the DVD and put it on hold for him. How is that for small town personal service?



Paula

No comments: