Sunday, December 22, 2019

Dream House

Hello,



Yesterday Leroy asked me what I was looking for in a future home. I talked about the local of the house and how I would like to walk to something that I go to with a certain amount of regularity. For instance, here we walk to church and the grocery store. We could also walk to a number of fast food places if we used them.



Interesting to me was that Leroy did not mention any of those location types of things. Instead he talked about the rooms he would like in the place. First was a room where he could have a table set up for his stamps and have them out all of the time. Here he has to put them away from time to time and I suppose that is a bit of work. I never touch them so I do not really know. He would like another room where he could exercise and have a large enough open space so he would not have to worry about hitting or kicking anything. Then he talked about wanting a work bench that was inside in a warm place. Here I thought we were looking to go smaller, seems to me this guy wants to expand. The last two parsonages that we lived in had four bedrooms and lower levels. Without children in our home, Leroy could have that stamp room. Even though we tried not to acquire many things in those larger homes, we did use much of the space.



In our adult lives we have never owned a home. Perhaps because of that I often feel that I do not have so much to say about where I live, I just try to find things that I like or can learn to like. I suppose that is why I did not think much about the inside of the house when he asked that question. I would like a storage room that has shelves so I could put things that I “might need” in an easily accessible place. Guess I am not downsizing in my mind either. We did not mention it, but we both like the idea of having a garage for getting the cars inside so we do not have to scrape snow off of them. We have been fortunate to have always had a garage.



Paula

No comments: