Friday, December 20, 2019

Returning an item already

Hello,



Leroy had gotten some books which he was donating to the Ely Library where I work. Finally, yesterday I started to catalog the last two. When I opened one to put in the library stamp I found that it started on page 55. Oops! Leroy ferreted out the receipt and we took it back for a full refund. He did not replace this exact book because I also learned when trying to catalog these he had gotten a book by the same author, but in a different series. Instead he needed book two in the original series. Unfortunately, there was no book two on the shelves. He will do an online search to try to fill it in. Even though it took some time the return was all managed quite easily.



Leroy said, “I want a red shirt.”



“Why would you want a red shirt?” I wondered.



“For Pentecost!” he exclaimed.”



“I do not want to spend a lot on a shirt you will only wear once a year. Let’s run into Goodwill.” I said.



“We could walk and not run,” Leroy said smartly.



Would you believe we walked up to the shirt rack and Leroy immediately found a red shirt in a good brand and exactly his size. Well that was an easy purchase. The checker made some comment about a red shirt for Christmas, I refrained from saying it was for Pentecost as I did not want to get into any theological discussions.



Paula

No comments: