Friday, December 6, 2019

Travel Tales

Hello,



Our trip to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving celebration was quite ordinary, but the return trip had a little interest. We got to the airport in plenty of time which we both appreciate even though Miriam thinks it is much more time than anyone needs. Because we took the TRAX it requires a longer walk from the end of the line to the terminal that we needed to be in. However, we believe walking is good; we just want plenty of time for that. On the way through security neither Leroy nor I noticed the pre-check symbol. So we did the full shoes and jackets removal. Are we getting old or just not reading carefully? Leroy went through the scan just fine, but they told me to step to the side. A nice young woman told me, “I am going to have to pat you down. Do you want some privacy?”



“Will I have to remove any clothes?” I wanted to know.



She laughed and said, “No.”



“It will be ok here,” I told her.



She then showed me the scan with a spot on my upper thigh that was the problem. When it was suggested, I searched all six of my pockets to finding nothing. My pants have front and back pockets as did the top which was long enough to hang mid thigh.



The next step was lifting that top so she could see the top of my pants where she felt around the waist. First I had to hold the top up in front and followed by the back. After that she patted down my legs, but she told me I should hook my thumbs through the belt loops to hold the pants up as she was concerned that she might pull my pants down.



“I do not think these would come down, but it is a bit loose,” I commented as I dutifully hooked and secured.



“It is comfortable,” she said.



Finding nothing of any interest on my person, she let me go on my way to Leroy who has trying valiantly to corral all of our things. After that it was just a waiting game after we found our gate.



Paula

No comments: