Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas Prep

Hello,



The first thing this morning we lit the third advent candle and read devotions. Rituals satisfy both of us in an elemental way. Church was next on the agenda. It took a bit of serious thought to figure out what to wear when the outdoor temperature was 9 degrees F. The indoor temperature would be much higher. Layers work, but it still takes some thought to make it smooth and minimal undressing at the destination. Because there was no wind it was mostly nice out even if my nose did get a bit cold.



The choir sang this morning, one “easy” piece and one “difficult” piece. The difficult was written by a member of this congregation. Both pieces had some thoughtful words, but it was harder to keep my mind on the words when I was concentrating on hitting the right notes.



After we had lunch, we got out the tree and other decorations. The tree is done but we will work on the other things tomorrow as we were both tired.



We have written our Christmas letter, but not addressed a single envelope. Tomorrow is another day. For some reason I cannot get at that letter task as early as some of you do. Maybe next year? I thought we had plenty of stamps, but it is not true. Many of our stamps are one, five or ten cent stamps that Leroy did not use in his collection. With the forever stamps I do not know the cost of a stamp as I once did. Plus I have no desire to use a lot of small stamps on one letter. Perhaps I do not even have enough small stamps to mail one letter. Tuesday we will go to the post office and take care of that detail.



I am also trying to read four books. How can I have started so many at once? I do not know. From time to time I have two that I am reading in the same week; usually that is one fiction and one nonfiction book. This time I have three fiction books and one nonfiction copy.



Paula

No comments: