Friday, November 22, 2019

Packing

Hello,



We are leaving Sunday to go to Miriam’s for Thanksgiving. This will get us there ahead of time, but the tickets were cheaper a bit farther out. When I look at the weather forecast, I think it is nice to be early as some storms are predicted for the days closer to Thursday. Hopefully that means we will be in place and miss all that excitement either coming or going.



I have not packed yet, but should face up to that because I am working tomorrow and then we have church so we will not be home until a bit later in the evening. We do not leave until 10:00 Sunday morning, but I am not comfortable putting off the packing task that long. My much traveled son-in-law would, but then he now has a million miles in the air. Course I am not sure when that count started. He does much flying for work. My point is that all of this repeat trips gives one a certain amount of knowledge about ones needs for the trip.



We have some clothes and shoes at Miriam’s house, but it can be a trick to take the right things or the things I find I want when there. One thing I know for sure is that I have no winter pjs there. That seems to be a requirement. I also have no socks for winter wear. The weather is not to be so very nice, but not so cold as it could be, however I will wear my winter coat and include hat, scarf, and mittens. There might be some snow, but at the moment I am thinking no boots because they would take so much room or I would have to wear them and they are too hot for comfort on the plane. I am grateful that I have some time to think about this. I am also grateful that this is small stuff in the total of life. I was happy to find the TRAX schedule so we can ride the train from the airport. We could figure it how there by looking at the maps, but I feel much more at ease when I know ahead of time what I am doing while I grip firmly on the paper. Leroy would also be a good help because he believes in thoroughly reading all directions.



Paula

No comments: