Friday, November 15, 2019

Flowers Blooming

Hello,



The first Thanksgiving cactus blossom opened today. I still want to call it a Christmas cactus, but it does have the pointy leaves that I have been told is really a Thanksgiving cactus. The blooming times last year were three so I do not think it is quite so tied to a season. It just lifts my heart to see it open. Almost every stem has a bud on it so it should bloom for a long time. I have a white one as well. It was my sister’s. It has a lot of buds, but they are much smaller and will not open for a week or so. Leroy and I are going to UT to be with the family for Thanksgiving. I suspect it will start blooming while we are gone. One thing nice about these flowers is that they last more than just two days once they are open.



One of the violets is blooming and has produced without stopping for a long time now. The other plant is either taking a rest or it has given up on the idea of flowering.



It actually got up above 40 degrees this afternoon. I took a walk only to learn when I got home that my tracker battery needed to be charged. Does that mean my walk does not count?



It was so nice and sunny out that it was good for me. A woman was sitting out in the sun by the laundry mat. She commented on how nice the sun was, in fact it was almost too bright for her phone.



I certainly appreciate all the people who clear their walks. The ice surrounded by water on some of them was a bit of a challenge to navigate.



I am ashamed to say that I left our large pumpkin on the carpeting too long. It required a bit of cleanup effort to get the smell and the stain out of the room. I know better, but just did not listen to my better judgment. Maybe I will remember the lesson for another year.



Paula

No comments: