Monday, December 9, 2019

Reflections on the Gathering

Hello,



I now have two granddaughters who are my height. Their legs look long. How did that happen? They are not little anymore. That includes all of them even if they have not attained anything close to my height. All grandchildren had grown and changed since we last saw them.



My niece’s family and my brother-in-law attended our Thanksgiving festivities. However, I found that a bit sad because my sister was not there. Even though it has been four years since she died, I have not been at family gatherings where I might expect to have her there. This was a painfully sharp reminder that she is no longer alive.



On a more cheerful note, I have used the hard to transport grabber already. I knocked something behind the stove. I could have gotten it with a bit of moving and adjustment, but the grabber did a great job without moving a thing. It will earn its place.



I found it interesting to see which of the grandchildren spent a lot of time building the snow fort. It seemed to me those two or three spent much time out there without talking, but seemed to enjoy working together. Because usually if one was out another soon joined them.



It seemed to me that my grown children have such different goals from me. Perhaps that is simply the generation gap or just a different focus. I definitely feel that there is a difference in how we think about many things: such as how to spend time or money.



Paula

No comments: