Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Walking in the Rain?

Hello,



We have church tonight. I planned to walk as usual, however it is now raining. Unfortunately I can hear it hitting the windows. I do not mind walking in the rain, but not when there is a wind behind it. It can be quite uncomfortable ending with wet clothes, especially in the lower leg area. I do not consider it such a deal when I am walking home as then when home I can change clothes, discarding the wet feeling along with the clinging clothes.



I spent some time this afternoon walking around the block testing out the over shoe boots that we have. Leroy wears them quite often. They are a little big for me and they slipped slightly off the heel with each step. They stayed on my foot, but it made walking a bit more challenging as there was a constant movement where there should be none. I was planning to leave ten minutes early, but now I am thinking about driving and leaving quite a bit later. Leroy will be coming from the museum where he already has a car. People at church will be amazed that we would come to church in two cars when we typically walk. For a while some people even wondered if we owned a car. Not only do we own a car, but we own two of them.



Driving also means I will not get many steps today as I was planning on that two mile round trip to add quite a good amount of exercise. There is not so much positive about driving.  When walking, I like being outdoors enjoying the sounds around as well as the sights. When I drive I just try to pay attention to other cars and street signs, etc. which is not such interesting stuff as squirrels, twigs, and leaves. With the rain and the warm melting we are creating large puddles. Flooding is being talked about quite a bit. One weather condition creates another.



Paula*

No comments: