Sunday, March 24, 2019

Concerts

Hello,



Last night Leroy and I went to a symphony concert. It was in conjunction with a ballet company from Davenport. It included Peter and the Wolf. That Leroy enjoyed because the narrated story helped him know what was going on. During some of the first fairy tales we were on our own or if we had read the program ahead of time we tried to remember what was happening. Some of those were quiet so Leroy had a little nap. I have tried to get over feeling embarrassed when he does that. After all, I do not think badly of others who might nap I just think they are tired. So I kept telling myself it was ok and I was not responsible for his napping behavior.



Today we walked to the nearby college where we attended a faculty recital. It was short so perhaps that is why Leroy stayed awake for it, or perhaps it was because he had a nap just before we walked there. This one had only three pieces. The first was a viola solo. I do not know that I have ever heard a viola play just by itself. It was quite beautiful. I was surprised that some of the notes were so high. The other two pieces were jazz. I am not a big fan of jazz, but I am becoming more in tune with it as I have been to more than one jazz concert. Soon, I might even say I like it.



The battery on my Fitbit needed charging so my steps to church and to this afternoon concert did not get counted. At least I know that it was likely to be the 10,000 steps that I want to do each day. It just will not add to my total steps. It is charging now. The irony is that tomorrow I work and will not have many steps.



Today at a church meeting we turned from important business to sing Happy Birthday to a man who will turn 103 this week. He looks to be in great shape. How much do you think he walks? Or what does he do to have such robust health?



Paula

No comments: