Monday, March 11, 2019

Life Is Good

Hello,



Life is good for us. Leroy woke this morning to announce that his wrist was a little sore from falling. I consider that good. He also had me check for bruising around his hips, but they were perfectly clear. He did not complain of any discomfort there. Me, I felt normal everywhere. I did some more walking later and again managed to get my step goal completed.



Some of the ice and snow piles have diminished. Where have they gone? I am not sure where. There are some puddles on the streets and sidewalks. I suppose the storm drains are handling much of the load because I would imagine that the ground is still frozen and cannot accept water.



This morning Leroy commented, “I have not though much about the garden this year, especially the big community garden. But it might be quite a while before we can do anything there. Last year our raised bed did not do so well. He wants to change the soil while I just want to add some more on top because the bottom has settled. We will have more discussions about this issue before warm weather is here to stay. Gardening talk is surely a sign of spring on the horizon.



It seems to me that more and more geese are flying over the neighborhood. That should also be a harbinger of spring or are they just noisier now?



The icicle hanging from the roof close to our bedroom was about 10 feet long. After this warm spell it is now only about four or five feet. I miss being amazed by its length, but otherwise it can disappear without emotional distress.



Paula

No comments: