Monday, March 4, 2019

Cold Sun?

Hello,



Somehow the extreme cold does not fit with the warm looking sun. It looks inviting and delightful outside until the temperature is checked. It is 4 degrees F. or -15.5 C. With the wind chill factored in it is much lower from time to time. Our focus even when driving is what should we wear that will be warm? The cars have worked well with no break downs, but what if?



My job is quite fine. The biggest complaint that I might have especially this year, is that it is 12 miles away. I am grateful that the surface of that road has been upgraded and is very nice. The snow removal has also been much better than I remember from some past years. Perhaps it helps that the town of Ely has grown. When Leroy and I lived there in 1984 the population was about 400-500 people. It is now over 2,000 people. Many of those people work in Cedar Rapids and I meet them on the way when I go in the mornings. Consequently their side of the road is almost always in better shape than my side. Anyway I expect a good clear surface today as it has not snowed in a few days. Plus that amazing sun is able to give enough heat to melt any hold outs to the snow plow.



Once again I might wear my boots to drive to work. They are too warm to wear inside, but then I am prepared for any random snow that I might have to walk through. I am so glad that I found these good short boots last year. I did not wear them much then, but this year I have put quite a few miles on them. I do have a pair of emergency boots in the car if I should need them. Those boots are not so comfortable for a long walk, but they are even warmer than the new boots.



Paula

No comments: