Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Family Pictures

Hello,



I took family photo prints into the framer today. We are just replacing the old photos with the new ones. From the framer I learned that other people do this sort of thing. For some reason I thought we might be the only ones.



We had these taken at Christmas time, but I have put off getting them framed. The 8X10 almost cut off the side of Miriam’s face. It is apparently because the zoom was not at the right setting. I felt quite badly about it. The framer told me that they would have to come in 1/8 of an inch more so it will go just alongside her face. She also checked to see if we could put in a larger print instead. Because I have 8 5x7s in there, it will not work. This woman did comment that we have more than one good picture of Miriam there. Somehow that helped me feel much better. The top of Brian’s head is also compromised in the picture with just guys. Again she commented on how there are some other good pictures of him.



After that I decided to just go ahead with what we have. It will hang in our kitchen. I like having the faces of people I love best in the world in my daily space where I can think about them. We do not easily get back together to redo any of this. We will still enjoy having them close to us. Now there is just a big empty expanse on the wall where the 23 x 27 inch frame hangs. Another good thing is that this is quite inexpensive to have them switch the pictures. Last time it was a bit more, but then I bought new matting and better glass put in. That was all good this time.



It is a nice spring with plenty of sunshine.



Paula

No comments: