Saturday, March 9, 2019

Jobs done

Hello,



Yesterday, in spite of feeling a bit unwell, I got a lot done. I washed two loads of clothes. On indoor racks, I hang a certain amount of that because I like to hang clothes. However, I am waiting for the outdoor hanging which is not really possible now with all of the snow and ice in the vicinity of the clothes line.



I never leave the house with the washer or dryer running because once a long time ago we had a hose break on the washer. Another time, also a long time ago, we had a dryer fire. Fortunately I was home both of those times so I could tend to the situation even though I barely knew what I was doing. Guess I do not really trust these machines although I have not had anything untoward happen in the last 30 years.



Shopping was next on the agenda. That went off without a hitch. At home then I started to make granola only to find that I had failed to get oil. I grumbled, but with the warmer weather went out to chop ice in the alley. I do not really like to shop. Chopping ice seems to be my personal challenge. It was since to see my next door neighbor out doing the same. That gave us the chance to visit casually. I have always liked visiting with neighbors on an easy going basis as we see each other out and about.



Later Leroy and I walked to the closer grocery store to get the oil. We were happy to find some marked down rice cakes. We bought almost all of them. I also met my step goal for the day.



The granola got made along with some cornbread that we ate with the bean soup. Nice day indeed.



Paula

No comments: