Monday, March 18, 2019

Concert

Hello,



Last night Leroy and I went to a USAF band concert. I was impressed that Leroy stayed awake the entire time. When we go to the orchestra concerts he sleeps through a bit of it even though he assures me that he likes to go. Perhaps it is more soothing music. Certainly much of the sound last night was boisterous, even though much more in the classical bent than some band music that I have heard.



We both commented on how full the hall was. There was hardly an empty seat. Someone we sat next to told us that when they had gotten there at 6:30 the lower seats were already taken. It was not assigned seats so the best went first.



As usual, the majority of the audience was gray haired. Are younger people just not interested in this type of music? Or are they just too occupied with other things?



On our walk to the concert hall we cut through an alley only to disturb a urinating young man. Apparently he was expecting privacy because he kind of yelped when we saw us drawing my eye. I had not noticed him before that. He then apologized, but did not stop his activity. The real question is where does one look? I kept my eyes averted to my path. Somehow I think Leroy did as well.



After the concert, our walk was quite uneventful. We both noticed that people seemed to be parking in totally different places than when there is an orchestra concert. Even thought the crowd was large we got home in record time. We were grateful for that since we are not late night people.



Paula

No comments: