Sunday, November 25, 2018

No Snow

Hello,



We were ready for snow; at least the snow shovel was handy. Leroy and I wore boots for our walk to church thinking there might be some as we made our way home. The pavement was dry both directions. The wind had intensified while we were at church, but the temperature was not so bad. We were quite comfortable.



Part of me is happy that there was no snow and part of me is sorry. Sometimes it is exciting to be in a storm situation if one is safe in all regards. Leroy and I think we often have been in a situation that has a prediction of a major snow storm and it goes some other place. Perhaps we should hire out as storm deterrents? Just what would one charge for such a service?



Apparently there could still be some precipitation overnight, but not so likely. Leroy is even wondering if he can ride the bike to work tomorrow. Then he remembers that he has a dentist appointment in a not so bike friendly area. The car will be his transportation.



I will also work tomorrow and drive the car to get there. I have half a tank of gas. I had planned to fill it because of the winter storm possibility. I pulled into a gas station on the way home from shopping. The first pump that I tried did not dispense gas, but only wanted to give me a receipt. A guy at a pump next to me was also having trouble. I pulled to another pump with the same result. In the meantime the guy went in to pay there. That was the magic and his gas came. I just went home, thinking I will do it another day. I have had trouble at pumps before. Do I have a special touch?



Paula

No comments: