Sunday, November 18, 2018

Apples

Hello,



Someone gave us some Haralson apples. Some of them were in two baskets that seemed smaller than a bushel to Leroy and I, but there was also a box and two bags of them. We canned seven quart this afternoon. There are quite a few left, but I am undecided about whether to can some more or just try to eat them. Leroy and I eat three apples a day between the two of us. They disappear rather quickly from my house. Considering how tired I feel right now, canning will certainly wait for a few more days. I am off on Wednesday and I could do it then.



I am sure that these are the last of the apples that we will be given this season. It was 14 degrees this morning making the walk to church quite chilly. I had on my long underwear and was not sorry on the walk, however in church I felt a bit hot.



Apples in the morning, apples in the afternoon, and apples at night! There can never be too many. With beautiful flowers and apples, life is quite full.



Sarah’s Christmas cactus or Thanksgiving cactus is sporting 45 blossoms. I do not think mine will have so many. Right now it has four open pink blossoms. I just get so much joy from looking at that beauty. The white plant probably has a total of six small buds. The violets are just as beautiful as when it first opened with the second plant working hard to catch up. It has one stalk up and open, with another half way up.



I am still tired, but not coughing much with only a little nose blowing.



Paula

No comments: