Saturday, November 10, 2018

Winter?

Hello,



This morning our temperature outside was 13 degrees F. We did not get as much snow as some areas did but it still seemed quite a change of season.



I even drove to church this morning for a women’s breakfast because I was going to speak. When I walk I wear a hat and my hair gets rearranged in styles that I sometimes do not like. Vanity won the self talk should I walk or should I drive this short mile. I wasted gas so I could look good.



I was a little nervous before I started talking, but that was ok as I just kept talking on. As I told them in the beginning, it was nice to know some faces when I looked out at the group. Each of these breakfasts has a speaker who is from the congregation. She shares details about her faith journey. That was a new experience for me to talk about that in front of a group.



This afternoon Leroy and I finished delivering the neighborhood newsletters. This was the longest walk away from the house, but still not too far. The hardest part was getting the letters apart with mittens on. A few were taped to the apartment buildings close to the door. We are not allowed to put anything in the mail boxes and there is no other place to put them so they do not blow around. The taping required bare hands so I did that as Leroy has cold hands even with terrific mittens. I was happy that one woman was at the door so we could just put it in her hands.



We will not have another newsletter to deliver until March when it might be warmer. We do not have neighborhood meeting in January and February so our time can be spent contemplating the world as it turns.



Paula

No comments: